New Middle School Project
As part of the 2017 Bond Proposal, the district will be constructing a new middle school combining the student populations from Abbott Middle School and Orchard Lake Middle School into one centralized location. The new West Bloomfield Middle School will be constructed directly behind OLMS with the building opening to students for the 2022-23 school year.
This new, 21st-century middle school would be constructed with both current and future instructional needs in mind. The building will have a capacity of 1,200 students. Instructional programs and the physical spaces will be designed in a way to support smaller learning communities, (i.e. grade-level families and collaboration areas).
2020欧洲杯外围赛In addition to being a state-of-the-art instructional facility, the new middle school will provide expanded co-curricular space for athletics, fine/performing arts, and enrichment opportunities for all students.
2020欧洲杯外围赛Stacy Brickman, WBSD Board of Education president, said, "The building is being designed around our 21st-century instructional priorities that are grounded in research and best for middle school-aged students that will house kids in grade level 'families' and allow for team teaching. We are also continuing to invest in our fine arts, visual arts, performing arts, STEAM labs, athletics and more. We are also looking forward to outdoor learning environments that include school gardens and research areas. There are a lot of possibilities for our students to have hands-on learning opportunities so we are keeping that at the forefront as the school campus is being designed."
2020欧洲杯外围赛A special groundbreaking ceremony was held on Oct. 17, 2019 with members of the Board of Education, district administration, municipal leaders and future WBMS students in attendance. Please find the pictures and additional renderings below.
In May 2019, the district hosted a new middle school planning meeting for the residents from communities surrounding Orchard Lake Middle School and the future West Bloomfield Middle School location. Members of the bond construction team were on hand including individuals from French Associates and Auch Construction to answer questions and shed light on future plans for the new middle school and the current Orchard Lake Middle School facility.
An additional meeting opportunity was been scheduled for Sept. 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the Orchard Lake Middle School cafeteria2020欧洲杯外围赛. This was an opportunity for those with property neighboring the OLMS site to learn more about the updated West Bloomfield Middle School plans.
2020欧洲杯外围赛Please find the presentation from the May 2019 and Sept. 2019 meetings below as well the district's Talk to Us web submission tool to have your questions submitted to district administrators.
- West Bloomfield New Middle School Board of Education Update - Oct. 14, 2019
- New Middle School Update Meeting - Sept. 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the Orchard Lake Middle School cafeteria - Printable Flyer
- West Bloomfield Middle School Sept. 2019 planning meeting PowerPoint PDF
- West Bloomfield Middle School design rendering - Sept. 11, 2019
- - This link will be routinely updated as new information becomes available.
- West Bloomfield Middle School design rendering - June 2019 (Note: this is a current rendering as of June 25, 2019, NOT a final rendering)
- West Bloomfield Middle School May 2019 planning meeting PowerPoint PDF
- West Bloomfield Middle School 50-foot buffer zone rendering PDF
- West Bloomfield Middle School educational specifications PDF